Our School Rules
Code of Conduct
School Rules and Regulations – 4As & 3Rs
Rules and regulations are necessary to inculcate good character, habits, values and discipline. In Yio Chu Kang Secondary School, we strongly believe the 4As & 3Rs will allow our Students to practice good values-based character, citizenship and leadership.
4As: ATTIRE, ATTITUDE, ATTENDANCE, ASSIGNMENT
3Rs: RULES, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY
The uniform is a representation of the school and its history. The school uniform is to be worn in a dignified manner that befits a Yio Chu Kang Secondary School student.
Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform, and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
Only the school PE T-shirt and shorts are to be worn for PE lessons unless permission has been granted. Students must change into their school uniform during the first available break.
Only approved CCA attire or PE attire is allowed for CCAs.
Only school approved white shoes and white socks are allowed. Socks must be visibly worn.
Sports shoes may be worn for CCAs and on special occasion such as the School Sports Carnival, with permission from the teacher-in-charge.
Hairstyle and Appearance
Conduct and Behaviour
- Students are to be courteous, respectful and well-behaved at all times.
- Use of any electronic gadgets such as I-pod/ MP3/
handphone is not allowed during morning
(unless authorised by teacher), as well as during all formal school activities
(e.g. tests, examinations, CCAs etc). Electronic gadgets are expected to
be kept in the bag at all times. Students can use these electronic gadgets
during their respective recesses only in the canteen and foyer (after school).
Any violation of this stipulation will result in confiscation of phone/
- Students must keep their handphones on silent mode at
- The school shall not be responsible for the loss of any personal equipment or possession.
- All students are not allowed
to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any
weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to
- All students
are to report to school by 7.30am sharp.
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the
National Anthem and take the Pledge.
- Students will take the Pledge with the right fist over
- All students must attend lessons, school events and activities regularly and punctually.
- Absence from school as a result of illness must be supported by a Medical Certificate to be given to the Teacher Counsellor promptly when the student returns to school. A letter from the parent/ guardian will only be accepted if it is followed up by the parent/ guardian's call to the office on that day of the student's absence.
- A copy of the Medical Certificate is also expected to be given to Subject Teacher(s) if it concerns any assessment (class tests, common test or examination). Students without a medical certificate or valid reason for absence from any assessments will be awarded a zero mark.
- Absence from
school/lessons/ any activities planned by the school without leave or valid
reason is considered truancy.
All pupils are to
- study diligently and conscientiously and to take pride
in their work;
- complete all schoolwork/homework assigned to them and to
submit them on time.