- CCA participation in school is compulsory for all students in secondary schools. Students are required to be active in at least ONE CCA. As we strive to meet the diverse needs of the students, there is a quota in the number of members a CCA can offer due to constraint in facilities and/or manpower.
- Students may participate in more than one CCA. Points are awarded for students’ participation in a second CCA at school representation level or higher. There is a target of at least 50% attendance for 2nd or 3rd CCA.
- All students must attain a minimum of 75% attendance in their 1st CCA in order for points to be computed.
- Students who wish to change CCA may opt for a change in CCA at the beginning of each academic year. Each student can only opt for change of CCA once either at the end of Sec One or Sec Two. However, this does not apply to students in the mandatory CCA.
- The School Band and the National Uniformed Groups, comprising the National Cadet Corps (NCC), National Civil Defence Cadet Corps (NCDCC) and National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC) are mandatory CCA for all secondary schools. Students in these CCA are not permitted to change their CCA throughout the secondary school years except for medical reasons; otherwise the level of attainment for the mandatory CCA will be affected.
- The number of training sessions ranges from one to two in a week. Note that during peak season of the CCA, training sessions may increase up to three times a week.
Please be informed that most CCAs will stand down 2 weeks before the start of examinations. If the CCAs are still in competitions and completing badge work in UGs, they will stand down immediately after the last day of competition. CCAs will resume after the last day of exams.